General Exercises, Quizzes and Games
- Activities for ESL Students (1000+ exercises, quizzes and more for beginner to advanced)
- Better English (100s of exercises)
- Interesting Things for ESL Students (Various quizzes and words games, including slang and proverbs, for beginner to advanced)
- The Quiz Center, Karin’s ESL PartyLand (Beginner to advanced)
- Learn English – Games page for students from beginner to advanced. Build vocabulary with picture-matching, jumbles, WordSearch etcetera. Click Learn English to access their main page.
- Slang and Phrasal Verbs, Dave’s ESL Cafe (Alphabetical list of slang expressions and phrasal verbs with definitions and examples)
- A list of medical terms and their translation into various languages is available at the St. Michael’s hospital website!
- Sounds of English (Guide to pronunciation, exercises, audio files, and teaching tips)
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus (Includes pronunciation audio files)
- Conversation Questions for the ESL/EFL Classroom, Internet TESL Journal
- Food and Restaurant Dialogues and Vocabulary, Conversations regarding shopping, greetings, games, phone routines and many other topics and situations.
- Dialogues on various topics including, apartment hunting; going to a party, movie or library and making friends.
Online Platform for Teachers in Canada Working with Newcomers
- www.tutela.ca (Registration required)
Ready Made Lesson Plans
Creating Personalized Word Searches
Canadian Language Benchmarks